Natural Remedies for Thinning Hair
Hair loss can turn a naturally happy person into an unhappy individual in the blink of an eye. There are many reasons for hair loss, including genetic, social, medical, dietary, environmental and lifestyle differences. Regardless of the reason, once hair loss occurs, women suffering from this disorder immediately begin to scan the internet, looking for something that can fix the problem.
But the answer may not be in expensive chemicals that can do more damage to your hair than good. The answer may be in natural remedies for thinning hair - remedies that target the hair problem at its source.
Everyday recipes and safe, natural remedies for thinning hair
There are many natural remedies for thinning hair - some of which may be as simple as lifestyle changes, while others involve providing your body with the vitamins and minerals it needs to create healthier hair.
- A poor diet is often the underlying reason for hair loss. So to induce hair growth, try to eat a protein rich diet that consists of green leafy vegetables, carrots, soybeans, mangoes, dried apricots, whole grain cereals, sprouts, lentils, yeast, wheat germ, milk, yogurt (hung or whole fresh curd) and buttermilk.
- Give yourself a head massage for 10 to 15 minutes after bathing it with warm water. This will stimulate blood circulation and strengthen hair follicles in the scalp.
- There is an ancient Indian recipe for effective hair growth that calls for using warm coconut milk or Aloe Vera gel and leaving it on your scalp for a minimum half hour period, then rinsing it out with warm water. Done thrice weekly, this method is useful for hair loss prevention and hair re-growth.
- In Europe and South Asia it is common to rub the scalp with almond oil twice daily to stop further hair loss while a follow up of hair-rinsing with a mix of apple cider vinegar and sage tea helps re-grow hair.
- Using natural remedies for hair thinning and re-growth to full use requires mixing a "hair-pack" containing 1 egg, 2.5 tablespoons milk powder and 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil that is massaged on to scalp and left on for 30 minutes, before being washed off with mild (baby) shampoo.
- For those that like to drink their natural boosters there are three natural remedies for thinning hair that are very popular:
- Drinking a teaspoon of cider vinegar mixed in 1 glass of water with meals for 2-3 weeks
- Making up a smoothie of banana, honey, yogurt and skim milk
- Drinking a daily dose of alfalfa juice combined with fresh spinach or fresh coriander!
For a more convenient, effective and easy to use option, try www.sephren.com